Do you have questions about Clinical Research Resources?
Join our weekly Zoom web meeting to get them answered: https://ucdavis.zoom.us/j/596870816
This week our topic is: REDCap: Database Building and Management
GET HELP ON THE FOLLOWING:
• How can I collect and store data for investigator-initiated clinical trials securely?
• How can I administer simple surveys or manage data in longitudinal studies?
What is REDCap?
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a modern, secure software application for building and managing online clinical research databases and survey forms. REDCap is compliant with HIPAA.
The application allows users to create research databases and data entry web-based forms that link the data collected with existing statistical software tools. It is a replacement for Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Access databases for study data, improving data security, online access and the quality of data collected.
How do researchers use REDCap?
Researchers use REDCap for a variety of purposes, including:
- Collecting data for investigator-initiated clinical trials
- Administering simple recruitment surveys
- Tracking adverse events
- Creating longitudinal studies with automatic follow-up surveys
- Administrating multi-site studies
- Eliminating double data entry
Email questions about office hours to the CTSC Clinical Research Education Program: